- Ready for use with your compatible Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter, battery and charger
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Spektrum DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Smart LiPo battery and S120 USB-C Smart charger for easier and safer charging
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- "Pusher" power configuration for improved safety plus better propeller and motor protection
- Oversized tires and steerable nose wheel for easy takeoffs and landings on grass and other surfaces
- Capable of aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and upside down (inverted) flight
- Lightweight yet extremely durable EPO construction perfect for first-time pilots
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
Welcome to the exciting world of RC (Radio Controlled) flight! If you've ever dreamed of taking to the skies, Horizon Hobby has you covered. We are committed to engineering aircraft that you can learn to fly with successfully even if you've never flown RC before. Every HobbyZone® aircraft we offer features industry-leading design and technology developed by experts to keep you in control and learning at your own pace so you can turn your dreams of flight into a reality!
The HobbyZone® AeroScout™ S is the perfect trainer because it makes learning to fly an RC airplane easier and more fun than ever before! It's equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology that helps to prevent overcontrol, loss of orientation and crashes so nearly everyone can learn to fly successfully. Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced modes allow you to choose the level of stability and control you need, or are ready to try, at the flip of a switch. Plus you can instantly return to steady flight using Panic Recovery with the push of a button in any flight mode. Its unique "pusher" power configuration offers improved safety along with better propeller and motor protection, and its built with advanced EPO material that makes it extremely durable. Oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel make it easy to take off from and land on a variety of surfaces including grass at large parks, soccer and other suitable flying fields.
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! The powerful and efficient brushless power system delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. Plus, the lightweight design and low wing loading deliver a very wide flight envelope and incredible handling that even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy. The BNF Basic version (HBZ3850) is the perfect choice for those pilots because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum™ transmitter along with batteries and chargers they may already own to fly with.
The AeroScout's unique design and "pusher" power configuration helps to protect the propeller and motor while also offering improved safety. Plus its construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The AeroScout S 1.1m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, receiver and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with oversized tires and a steerable nose wheel offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from pavement to grass and even dirt.
This Bind-N-Fly (BNF®) Basic version comes out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum™ 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter, install a charged battery and fly!