When it was first introduced, the Spektrum™ DX5 Rugged™ 5-channel surface transmitter gave new meaning to durability — surviving the harshest conditions and abuse that any basher or crawler could put it through. This updated version adds the very latest Spektrum™ advances to the DX5 Rugged™ design to provide the ultimate experience in worry-free surface control.
- Aggressive, ergonomic styling inspired by the popular DX5 Pro and DX5C transmitters
- Unmatched durability with rubber-bumper chassis and water-resistant casing and components
- Included Smart SR6200A receiver provides stability with AVC® and telemetry data when used with a Smart ESC and Smart battery (sold separately)
- Non-slip removable rubber hand grip and off-road treaded steering wheel
- Innovative thumb-steering lever for safe, precise one-handed operation
- Large, easy-to-read LCD screen and improved, easy-to-use touch panel
- Intuitive, user-tested software for easy programming
- Five-channel, fully proportional versatility
- Frequency-agile Spektrum™ DSMR® 2.4GHz technology
- Steering mix, 4-wheel steering mixes, Motor-On-Axle (MOA), plus one assignable mix
- Bind-progress screen displays status and frame rate
- Convenient built-in tool storage compartment
- Dual lanyard mounts
- Built-in front chassis guard with accessory mounting options
Spektrum™ engineers have paired the DX5 Rugged™ transmitter with its perfect RC system partner, the SR6200A 6-channel receiver. The SR6200A includes the newest and best Spektrum™ exclusive technologies. Frequency-agile DSMR® technology provides superior range, response and signal security. AVC® (Active Vehicle Control™) technology can be tuned easily to match your skill level or driving style for predictable handling at every speed.
The DX5 Rugged™ with SR6200A receiver is also ready out-of-the-box to support innovative Spektrum™ Smart technology. Smart Technology ensures that all of your model's electronics work together seamlessly for the greatest efficiency and performance. With a Spektrum™ Firma™ Smart ESC and Smart battery in your vehicle, you'll have real-time telemetry data available at your fingertips to keep you aware of every component's status and to boost your confidence in its capabilities.
This Smart compatibility joins many other features that have made the DX5 Rugged™ the standout favorite for heavy-duty surface control. The transmitter follows the ergonomic lessons of the popular Spektrum™ DX5C and DX5 Pro, while taking additional inspiration from cordless power tools for its die-hard design. Molded Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) bumpers defend it against damage from drops and bumps. There's no external antenna to snag — a low-profile ridge on the chassis protects the robust high-speed signal output internally.
A versatile front chassis guard enhances durability further and provides mounting options for user-integrated accessories such as a camera or light source. A pair of lanyard mounting points let you keep your hands free when not driving. A convenient accessory compartment can hold your small tools. Spektrum™ engineers also gave the transmitter extra water-resistance; an aggressive, off-road style steering wheel; and an innovative thumb-lever for safe, precise one-handed control.
The DX5 Rugged™ interface has been updated with a new, flat panel touch pad that responds with a smoother feel as you select programming menus, options and values on the large, easy-to-read LCD display. There's memory for up to 20 cars, crawlers, trucks, buggies and boats — enough for you to run all of your surface models with the most rugged and versatile radio available today.