Easily Transition From Foam To Balsa Aircraft
For the sport and club pilot looking to transition from a foam to balsa aircraft, the new Hangar 9® P-47 Thunderbolt delivers a true Plug-N-Play® completion replica model of one of the most popular WWII warbirds ever modeled. Foam RC pilots will be familiar with the P-47 brushless outrunner power system, wide variety of battery options and easy field assembly, while the all-wood airframe is finished in genuine UltraCote® that's long lasting and easy to maintain.
The P-47 Thunderbolt is crafted from the ground up to be the perfect first balsa aircraft for foam pilots looking to step up into the scale world of RC warbirds. As a Plug-N-Play completion level, the P-47 Thunderbolt broadens its appeal for first time balsa pilots and balsa enthusiasts looking for a plane with high play value and low assembly time.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
- Fits a wide variety of battery options to provide a wide range of performance and flight times.
- Two decal sets lets you customize the trim in "Wicked Wabbit" or "Hun Hunter" livery
- No glue required for main assembly and can be ready to fly in much less time than it takes to charge a battery (Glue is recommended for 6S LiPo battery operation)
- Painted fiberglass cowl
- Optional simulated radial engine included
- 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Factory-installed 4250-600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- Landing gear doors and pilot increase realistic appeal
- Four factory-installed Spektrum™ A391 servos
- Large magnetic top hatch makes access to electronics and batteries convenient.
- Two-piece plug in wings for easier transportation and field assembly
- Factory-installed Hangar 9® electric main retractable landing gear
- Covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® film
- Efficient 14 x 12 wood propeller included for 4S Lipo battery powered. (5S and 6S LiPo batteries require a propeller change)
The Hangar 9® P-47 Thunderbolt PNP bridges the gap between foam and balsa pilots perfectly! For the sport and club pilot looking to transition from a foam to balsa/wood aircraft, the new P-47 Thunderbolt delivers a true Plug-N-Play® completion Fun Scale model of one of the most popular WWII warbirds ever modeled. Foam RC pilots will be familiar with the P-47 brushless outrunner power system, wide variety of battery options and easy field assembly. It features lightweight, balsa and plywood construction with carbon fiber reinforcements and is finished in genuine UltraCote® that's long lasting and easy to maintain. The two-piece plug-in wings allows for convenient transportation and set up. Pilots can be ready to fly in much less time than it takes to charge a battery. At the workbench, the P-47 assembly is easy with only common tools needed. All you need to do is bolt the model together, install the receiver, charge a battery and fly. Flying a balsa warbird aircraft has never been easier. The new Hangar 9® P-47 Thunderbolt PNP makes it easy to fly and look good doing it.
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) version comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!
Laser-cut, lightweight balsa and plywood construction that's expertly built to exacting standards gives the P-47 Thunderbolt design exceptional durability. Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering, factory applied with precision, provides an easy-to-maintain finish that's vivid no matter how you look at it.
No glue is required for main assembly and you can have the P-47 Thunderbolt PNP ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The wing design makes transport and storage as practical and convenient as possible.
The P-47 Thunderbolt PNP is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the SPMAR637T) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters while you fly.